Carson-Newman University is seeking to hire an Assistant Professor of Religion with a specialization in New Testament.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF RELIGION
Carson-Newman University is a leading Christian Liberal Arts institution, recently ranked Best Undergraduate Teaching in the South by U.S. News & World Report and received the President’s Award for Community Service. Carson-Newman emphasizes academic excellence through innovative teaching, advising, mentoring of students, and service learning. The campus is located at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains and is surrounded by beautiful lakes. More information is available from the university website, www.cn.edu.
Carson-Newman University invites applicants for an Assistant Professor of Religion in the Department of Religion. The position is a full time faculty tenure track to begin August 2019.
Candidates for the position must have a Ph. D. in the area of New Testament and preference will be given to an applicant with specializations in Christian Ethics/Theology and/or Pastoral Ministry/Missions.
Carson-Newman employs faculty and staff who are actively supportive, through a local church, of its aim as a university with a Christian commitment.
Candidates for the position of Assistant Professor of Religion should possess the following:
- An ability to communicate effectively with undergraduate students including advising and mentoring.
- Academic credentials in the field of New Testament with further specializations in Christian Ethics/Theology and/or Pastoral Ministry/Missions.
- A proficiency in teaching elementary, intermediate, and advanced Greek.
- A versatility and enthusiasm to teach Old and New Testament Introduction courses
- A competency to teach online courses.
- A commitment to publish in his or her field of expertise.
- A willingness to affiliate with a Baptist church upon hire.
- A desire to have a preaching witness in the East Tennessee churches.
- A willingness to participate in the university family ethos.
The rank and salary will be commensurate with educational preparation and experience. Group life and health insurance as well as a 401K retirement plan are available on a participating basis.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, a statement of Christian faith, a statement of teaching philosophy, references, and current vitae. Please send the packet to:
Human Resources, Attn: Faculty Recruiting
Jefferson City, TN 37760
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER